For the World’s Largest Collection of Law Firm Interview Resources Click Here
While there is a general degree of consistency in the entry-level hiring process for law firms, which you likely experienced during the annual on-campus interview process at your law school, the interview process for lateral hires has continued to change over the past two decades, and has generally become less standard as time goes by due to firms experimenting with a variety of interview procedures, evaluations, and techniques designed (presumably) to ensure the best hiring and retention processes to build their business.
- Firms would receive resumes for a particular position.
- Candidates would be selected for interviews.
- The selected candidates would interview in person with the hiring partner and other relevant attorneys.
- The partners would convene to make a decision on extending an offer to their top candidate.
- The candidate would accept the offer.
- The firm would perform a conflicts screen and reference check.
- The firm and candidate agree on a start date, and the candidate joins the firm as a lateral attorney.
How to Hire a Legal Recruiter for Your Law Firm: How Law Firms Recruit Attorneys Using Legal Recruiters
AGREE/DISAGREE? SHARE COMMENTS ANONYMOUSLY! We Want to Hear Your Thoughts! Tell Us What You Think!!