Here are some factors to determine whether you fit in:
- How you dress for your interview.
- What employers pick up about your political leanings.
- Your sexual orientation (and how evident you make it).
- Your religion.
- Your sex.
- Your age.
- Your race.
- Your interests outside of work.
- Your general personality.
If you don’t think this stuff matters and that employers are open-minded, you’ve got another thing coming. It doesn’t matter if the company calls itself an equal-opportunity employer. Employers care a ton about whether or not you fit in, and they take it incredibly seriously.