Excellent question. Frankly, I wish more associates dedicated more time to the selection of a headhunter since it is such an important decision and one that is usually (and unfortunately) given too little thought.
I have written two comprehensive articles on this important topic that will provide you with a lot of useful information on selecting a headhunter. Here they are:
- "What to Ask the Headhunter" - This is an article that discusses 10 questions you can use to help evaluate and select a headhunter. This article was published in Legal Times on October 30, 2006, and has been used by many attorneys selecting headhunters. Here is a link to the PDF: https://www.bcgsearch.com/crc/what-to-ask-the-headhunter.pdf.
- "How to Select the Best Legal Recruiter and Maximize the Effectiveness of Working with One - This is an article I co-wrote with two of my colleagues. Here is a link to the article: https://www.bcgsearch.com/crc/maxlegalrecruiter.html.
If you read both of these articles, I promise that you will be much more informed and savvier regarding the selection of a headhunter than you were 15 minutes prior to reading them. Good luck!
See the following articles for more information:
- What Characteristics Should I Look for in a Legal Recruiter?
- Interview yourself first - questions to ask before starting your lateral search
- How to Choose a Good Attorney Recruiter
- Why You Should Be Talking to a Legal Recruiter Right Now
- Choosing a Legal Recruiter
- Your Legal Career as a Small Business
- Should I Use a Legal Recruiter? Top 10 Reasons to Use a Legal Recruiter
- How to Select the Best Legal Recruiter and Maximize the Effectiveness of Working with One
- What makes a world class recruiter
- 10 Things That Most Legal Recruiters Will Not Tell You
Learn how to be a legal recruiter in this related article.
|BCG Attorney Search is looking for driven recruiters to join our team. BCG Attorney Search covers the entire United States, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We offer first-rate training and coaching, pay top of market commissions, pay our recruiters as employees and not independent contractors, and offer medical insurance and other benefits. Additionally, BCG is the best known brand in the industry and is part of a 200+ employee legal employment company. We offer a supportive cooperative atmosphere and provide you with everything you need to be the most effective recruiter possible (continually updated internal job database, massive advertising support, incredible back office support, and many other perks designed to ensure you match every possible candidate with every available position).|