Going in for a lateral partner recruitment involves looking into a lot of details and making sure that all the mundane but necessary details are taken care of. Here is a short checklist and a questionnaire put together by BCG Attorney Search that you can use to help you in this process.
On this checklist, put a the date of completion and a comment when needed as you go through this list.
1) Obtain copy of resume
2) Library searches to confirm:
- Bar admissions
- No adverse news stories
4) Schedule initial and, if applicable, follow-on interviews
- Boston Management Committee members
- Applicable Department Director/s
- Other partners
- "Meet and greet"
6) Send form of Business/Integration Plan, if applicable
7) Receive Lateral Partner Questionnaire:
- Education information
- Jurisdictions in which admitted to practice law (including proof of admission and Certificate of Good Standing from highest court in each jurisdiction)
- Employment history, with all years accounted for
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Other proceedings
- List of principal clients, indicating portable business
- Tax returns
- Director/officer positions
- Business transactions with clients (5-year history)