Roger Boord Senior Recruiter
200 South Wacker Drive, 31st Floor, Chicago, IL, 60606
p 312-674-4614 |  f 312-321-9421 |  toll-free 800-285-9937
Download Contact Info: Roger Boord vCardDetails
L. Roger Boord is a national recruiter for the Chicago office of BCG Attorney Search, where he specializes in recruiting the most highly credentialed partners, associates and groups for the top law firms across the country. Before becoming a legal recruiter, Roger was himself an associate and partner with high credentials, including Harvard Law School and Kirkland & Ellis. Based on his 14 years as a top-notch attorney and his 8+ years of experience as a recruiter working primarily with the most highly credentialed lawyers in the most elite law firms, Roger has been designated as Senior Recruiter for BCG. Such candidates who are seeking to join elite firms have found Roger’s special knowledge and experience regarding their particular needs, as well as his connections to top firms, to be invaluable in their job search.
Before joining BCG, Roger was the senior partner recruiter for the Chicago office of Mestel & Co., an elite national legal recruiting company based in New York City. For over seven years, Roger made many successful partner placements at top firms, while consulting with hundreds of partners in regard to their practices and career options. In addition, Roger counseled with law firms regarding both their recruiting process and law firm merger opportunities. A broad sampling of prestigious AmLaw200 firms in which he has placed partners and groups includes Paul Hastings, Kaye Scholer, Kelley Drye, K&L Gates, Reed Smith, Greenberg Traurig, Baker Hostetler (opened Chicago office), Quarles & Brady, Seyfarth Shaw, Barnes & Thornburg, Locke Lord and Dykema.
Roger received his undergraduate education at the University of Virginia and the University of Cambridge (UK), with an academic focus on Political Science, History and Foreign Affairs. He graduated magna cum laude from Virginia, where he was also a founding editor of the Virginia Advocate and a Columnist for the Cavalier Daily. Roger then applied to law school, where his law school essay was selected by elite law schools for publication as writing example. After attending Harvard Law School, where he graduated cum laude, he began his legal career as judicial clerk for the Hon. Suzanne Conlon in the U.S. District Court in Chicago. His clerkship was followed by 14 year career as litigator on behalf of top U.S. law firms, including as an associate at Kirkland & Ellis and later as a partner at Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg in Chicago. During this time, Roger represented major clients in complex litigation involving commercial, products liability, toxic tort, class action, securities fraud, unfair competition, trade secrets, employment discrimination and other claims. In his last three years of his legal practice, Roger specialized in labor & employment litigation with Frost Brown Todd, an AmLaw 200 firm near his childhood home in Cincinnati, Ohio. There, he continued his history of successfully resolving an exceptionally high percentage of cases in their early stages. His unusual success was recognized when he was designated a "Rising Star" lawyer in top 2.5% of young lawyers in Ohio by the vote of the more senior "Super Lawyers" established in the state. Roger has built numerous relationships and contacts in his 22 years in the legal profession.
- The Importance of Interest, Energy and Enthusiasm in a Law Firm Interview
- Is it ever a good idea to lie or exaggerateabout your qualifications on a resume or in an interview? (Part II)
- How Does The Law Firm Recruiting Process Work For Partners?
- 12 Reasons Why You Should Work With a (Good) Recruiter for Your Legal Job Search (Part I of III)
- 12 Reasons Why You Should Work With a (Good) Recruiter for Your Legal Job Search (Part 2 of 3)
- Summary Of Law Firm Recruiting Process
- Patent Agent Recruiter L. Roger Boord Discusses His Experience as a Recruiter and the Current IP Market
- What Makes a Strong Patent Agent Candidate?
- What Are Some of the Best Ways to Impress a Law Firm in an Interview?
- What is the Best Way to Handle Tough Questions in an Interview?
- Should I Seek to Pass the Patent Bar Before Starting My Search?
- How should I prepare my resume if I’m getting ready for a law firm job search?
- I really appreciate your help - it is a tough market for lawyers. Thank you and please take care! - Diane
- I am very pleased to work with an individual like you who is highly experienced in law. Your firm is the most ideal to find employment opportunities in for individuals like me who are interested in patent law opportunities. In our several conversations, it was quite apparent that you know and appreciate my credentials. Thank you very much for all your advice and hope that I will be able to find a position soon with your help. - Raghavan Rajagopalan
- Right after contacting the job-seeking website for a position of patent agent, Roger gave me a brief phone call, swiftly acquiring information about my experience and qualifications. Within a day, based on his professional analysis of my experience and qualifications, he sent me a detailed list of job openings and his planned application strategies;the list includes not only the closely matched ones, but also the ones based on Roger’s analysis and job-seeking strategies that I may obtain a position, enhancing my chance of landing a job. Also, he sent me a detailed list of all the documents needed for a strategic application, with guidance to make sure that my abilities and strength are noticed by the targeted potential employers. After choosing my favorable openings and preparing the documents, Roger launched his tailored plan of contacting others and recommending me to the firms. Overall, the experience of job seeking with Roger is very efficient and strategic with a goal of having interviews and landing a job in short time. - Ben
- Roger Boord is smart, competent and caring. Working with Roger is a pleasure. He knows what he is doing and he knows the field. Roger is very organized, accessible, processes matters immediately and keeps me aware of all steps in the job search process. He has excellent writing skills and knows how to honestly highlight my relevant experience to match the job at hand. With his level of excellence, when I learned Roger is Harvard Law School graduate I was not surprised. I highly recommend Roger Boord. - George C., Rochester, NY
- My recruiter was quite knowledgeable about the current state of the field for chemistry patent agents. He helped me gauge interest level for applicants with credentials similar to mine, and allowed me to direct my focus on the best potential positions. He was also helpful in my interview preparations. - Peter
- I would like to thank Roger Boord and BCG for all of their assistance in this process. Roger has been great; he is very professional, understands our business and, therefore, knows what I am looking for. Over the last few months, I have worked with a number of recruiters, and I must say that Roger and his firm really stood out among them as one of the most professional. I truly enjoyed working with BCG. - David
- I had the absolute pleasure of working with Roger during my first legal job search. Not only a move to a new field in patent from a science background, but also to a very competitive area. Roger was able to find many qualified opportunities for me in various cities, at the same time, he strongly established in me, a confidence in securing a legal position. He discussed with me in detail, and provided deep suggestions about application strategies and targeted law firms. I am 100% satisfied that Roger is the key person for my legal career. - Liangfeng
- I want to express my gratitude to you for your time and efforts in pulling out very helpful information for me. I truly appreciate it! I also realize that perhaps, there is nothing in it for you and yet you did it, which makes me feel hugely indebted! - D.B.