- Talk to people you may know who have interviewed or worked at the firm.
- Request to be introduced to anyone who works or worked at the firm through your law school alma mater’s career service department and your LinkedIn connections.
- Browse Law Firm Directories including LawCrossing (https://www.lawcrossing.com/lawfirmprofile/), NALP and Martindale-Hubble.
- Review the bios on the firm’s website and LinkedIn profiles of any attorneys or staff you’re meeting.
- Review the firm’s website for information about the practice group you are applying for, the partners, the clients and client matters and any recent successes.
- Search LexisNexis and Westlaw for opinions and jury verdicts where any of the attorneys you are meeting with are listed as attorney of record.
- Review legal industry periodicals such as JDJournal (https://www.jdjournal.com) or local bar magazines for recent publications about the firm.
- See Interviewing Tips for more information
- See Top Ten Interview Questions for more information
Learn why attorneys usually fail law firm phone-screening interviews in this article: