- See Top Ten Interview Questions for more information
(1) Are you able to fully perform the job at a consistently high level?
(2) Can we always depend on you to get the work done whenever or wherever necessary?
(3) Will you work hard to be as profitable for the firm as possible in terms of keeping yourself busy, hours billed, business developed, etc.?
(4) Will you always be fully professional and never make the firm look bad?
(5) Will you always be someone who is personable and easy to work with and not a jerk?
(6) Are you really enthusiastic about obtaining this job for the long term?
(7) Will you be a “team player” that generally fits in to the firm’s culture and values?
(8) Will you respect our authority and allow us to manage you?
(9) Will you gradually grow and improve and become more valuable to the firm?
(10) Do you have any “red flags” that we would want to know about?
Of course, every candidate is different, and as a result the particularities of every interview are going to be different. Consequently, there is no “one” proper way to answer any specific question. But the best way to prepare is to be able to persuasively explain why you meet all of the ten points described above. Then you are ready for virtually any reasonable, relevant question that comes along.
- See Interviewing Tips for more information
Learn why attorneys usually fail law firm phone-screening interviews in this article: