March 3, 2011 | PDF Version
Pasadena, CA — BCG Attorney Search has released its ''State of the Market Report Winter 2011''. The report covers the latest trends in legal practice areas and recruiting trends across the country.
''We identify five main regions throughout the country for our services and we found that the market has improved in all five regions. The market in California seems to be doing really well.'' said Claudia Barnes, Managing Director of BCG Attorney Search. ''Associates are in a great position in the Midwest and the D.C/New York markets. We found several partner openings too in all the markets.''
BCG Attorney Search Top 5 Trends for Winter 2011 by region
- Southern California - Patent prosecution is a hot field right now, with lawyers having technical backgrounds being in high demand.
- Northern California - The market is good for associates with experience in dealing with venture capital, M&A, and other financial services. There is also a growing demand for Mandarin speakers. Attorneys with experience in IP work will also find several openings.
- Northeast - The DC market has seen increased hiring and interviews during the latter half of 2010 and the trend seems to be continuing in 2011. The market is definitely better than 2009. Partner openings have also increased at several law firms.
- Southwest - Associates having experience in energy markets are in high demand in Houston.
- Midwest - Chicago’s legal market has improved compared to last year, as is the market in other major Midwestern markets such as Ohio and Wisconsin.
BCG Attorney Search
About BCG Attorney Search:
BCG Attorney Search is widely known to be the most selective recruiting firm in terms of who it represents in the United States. Since the year 2000, BCG Attorney Search has placed thousands of attorneys and started and led various businesses that are at the top of their field in servicing attorneys. Throughout 2008 and 2009, during one of the worst legal placement markets in history, several of its recruiters increased their performance from prior years.