Summary: Learn more about what it is like to be a Data Privacy attorney in this article.
- This practice area focuses on the storage and management of information within computer networks and cyberspace.
- Data privacy lawyers focus on complex and evolving laws and regulations that govern everything that happens in connection with data transmitted and stored on computers, including consumer protection laws, privacy laws, and e-discovery issues.
- Attorneys who practice in this area provide legal advice on issues such as cyber security, online privacy, data mining, data breach protocols, and the law as it relates to web technologies, mobile platforms, emerging technologies, information technology, e-commerce, e-business, mobile payments, competitive intelligence, and trade secrets.
Why Do Data Privacy Attorneys Enjoy Their Jobs?
- Attorneys who enjoy this practice area tend to enjoy technology and working with technology-related topics.
- They enjoy understanding and seeing how the law applies to emerging technologies and working with evolving areas of law.
- Attorneys in this practice area often attend conferences and work collaboratively with attorneys in other firms sharing information about the evolving nature of this law.
- Because the work is quite specialized, it is often easier for attorneys to lateral in this practice area than other practice areas.