- This practice area category covers legal work specific to food and drug safety and the Food & Drug Administration.
- This practice is heavily centered in Washington, DC.
- These attorneys counsel companies that are subject to FDA regulation such as companies in the food and beverage, drug, dietary supplement, cosmetic, or medical device industries.
Why Do Food & Drug Administration Attorneys Enjoy Their Jobs?
- People who enjoy drafting a wide variety of documents and licenses enjoy this work.
- People who enjoy being at the intersection of government and business also like this practice area.
- There are opportunities to go in-house and this is something many attorneys do in this practice area.
- This practice area is also quite recession proof.
What Are the Difficulties of Being a Food & Drug Administration Attorney?
- This practice area can be frustrating for people who do not like working with government bureaucracy.
- This practice area can also be very limiting because there is not a lot besides this work that attorneys in this practice area can do.
How Easy Is It to Move Laterally as a Food & Drug Administration Attorney?
- This is a very difficult practice area to lateral in - especially outside of Washington, DC.
- There is not a healthy market for attorneys with this expertise; however, there is a market.
- Since this is a relatively small bar, many of the attorneys know each other and attorneys may enjoy the sense of camaraderie and cooperation that comes from working in this practice area.
- Because of the narrowness of this practice and the low number of attorneys doing the work, it is not overly difficult to build a book of business.
See the current Food & Drug Administration job openings we are recruiting for here: Food & Drug Administration Attorney Jobs