Press Room » Press Release
BCG Attorney Search Releases: The 2014 BCG Attorney Search Guide to America’s Top 50 Law Schools
September 24, 2013
Pasadena, CA - BCG Attorney Search released 'The 2014 BCG Attorney Search Guide to America's Top 50 Law Schools' today on its website. The guide is an in-depth overview on the top 50 law schools in America as identified by the 2014 U.S. News & World Report.
This guide can be used by legal recruiters, law firms, and potential law students to help in the various decisions they have to make. While it is based on the latest U.S. News & World Report's list of law schools, BCG has done extensive research on each of the schools contained in the guide. This has been done in order to make sure information about each school is as detailed and accurate as possible.
It is an unbiased reference for potential law students who are trying to decide where they want to go to law school. The guide is also able to provide law firms with information about how top law schools grade their students, as well as the programs and academic journals that these students take part in.
'The 2014 BCG Attorney Search Guide to America's Top 50 Law Schools' provides firms and recruiters with clear indicators of what makes a student stand out compared to other students at these law schools. Some of these indicators include:
- The acceptance rate of the entering class;
- The honors distinctions an attorney can earn, such as summa cum laude, magna cum laude, cum laude, or honors;
- Membership in any honors societies, such as the Law Review or the Order of the Coif
- The average median LSAT of the entering class;
- The average media undergraduate GPA of a law school's entering class.
In the 2014 U.S. News & World Report rankings, which the guide is based on, some schools dropped in rank while others moved up. Here are some of the highlights in the ranking changes:
- Yale remained in the number one position.
- Harvard moved up to the second position, beating Stanford.
- Stanford moved down to the third position.
- Columbia and University of Chicago tied for the fourth position.
- The University of Washington went from 20th to 28th.
- Washington University in St. Louis went up in rank from 23rd to 19th.
Browse through the entire guide on BCG's website, here: http://www.bcgsearch.com/pdf/BCG_Law_School_Guide_2014.pdf
About BCG Attorney Search:
BCG Attorney Search is the premier recruiting firm for experienced attorneys in the United States. Since 2000, BCG has matched thousands of attorneys with employers who best fit their background and personality. BCG has also helped law firms and companies around the globe with their recruitment and attorney staffing efforts. More information about BCG can be found at: http://www.bcgsearch.com.