Going Global Pays: Baker & McKenzie Tops the World's Law Firms
On Monday, Baker & McKenzie proudly announced achieving record global revenues of USD 2.54 billion in 2014. The law firm witnessed an increase of 5% year-on-year against the 2013 financial year. Claiming that almost all revenue growth in the past year has been organic, it stated that Baker & McKenzie is now the world's largest law firm by revenues, markets and headcount.
A large part of the success of the firm could be attributed to its tapping into global regional markets and markets of emerging economies. In 2014, it opened two new offices in Asia including Yangon and Myanmar and two new offices in the Middle-East including Dubai and the UAE. The law firm proudly claimed it to be the "most global law firm with revenues spread by regions as follows: Europe, Middle East and Africa: 38.5%, Asia Pacific: 26%, the Americas: 35.5%."
Speaking on the global spread of the law firm, firm chairman Eduardo Leite said, "Baker & McKenzie defined the global law firm in the 20th century, and we are redefining it to meet the challenges of the global economy in the 21st by becoming even more competitive, strategically agile and above all focusing on client satisfaction. We have been passionately global since our founding 65 years ago and that is reflected in our continued expansion into new markets, and the recruitment of new lawyers and professionals around the world. "
In its featured post, the law firm highlighted its principal achievements in topping in revenues including the following:
- Fist law firm to break the $2.5 billion revenue barrier since the global financial crisis
- World's largest law firm by revenues, markets and headcount
- Profits per Equity Partner increased by 7% to $1.29 million
- Total revenues increased by 5%
- During FY14, we hired 56 lateral partners and in July the Firm announced it had elected 65 new partners from within our ranks
- During FY14 we grew our overall full time equivalent (FTE) lawyer numbers to 4,245 of whom 1,430 are partners. 29% of our partners are women. Overall FTE headcount now stands at 10,896
- In FY14 we opened new offices in Yangon, Myanmar and Dubai, UAE
Get the latest law firm attorney jobs only on LawCrossing.com and for legal recruiter assistance please click here.