A Skype interview should be treated like any video conference interview. Most importantly, you want to dress for the occasion just like you would for any office interview. Secondly, you want to make sure that you have a professional background behind you. A plain white wall is a good choice with no clutter behind you. Also, it's important that the interview take place in a quiet location so as to minimize any kind of distraction like phone rings and beeps.
Further, as with video conference interviews, you want to smile a lot and emote because personality doesn't come through as well on video. Also, you will want to make sure the interviewer is done with their question before you begin your answer, as it easy to talk over one another during a Skype conference. It's also a good idea to test your technology beforehand by doing a practice run with a friend to make sure your equipment is running properly, especially your microphone.
See the following articles for more information:
- Top 23 Law Firm Interview Tips: How to Excel in Law Firm Interviews
- 21 Major Interview Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs
- The Best Way to Prepare for a Job Search and Interviews
- How to Talk About Other Interviews in Your Interviews
- How to Answer the Tell Me About Yourself Interview Question
- How to Answer the Do You Have Any Questions for Me Interview Question
- Had a Great Interview But Have Got No Response to My Thank-You Emails
- What Does It Mean if I Haven't Heard Anything Back from an Application/Interview in a Couple Weeks?
- What to Wear to a Lunch Interview?
- How to Effectively Interview Lateral Candidates: Pointers for Law Firms
- The Interview Post-Mortem: Don't Forget Your Thank You Notes!
- The Secret to Effectively Sharing Concerns about Your Current Employer without Committing the Most Common Interview Blunder
- How to Conduct Yourself During a Lunch Interview