Julie Lehrman Senior Recruiter
200 South Wacker Drive, 31st Floor, Chicago, IL, 60606
p 312-321-9411 |  f 312-321-9421 |  toll-free 800-285-9937
Download Contact Info: Julie Lehrman vCardDetails
Julie Lehrman is a Senior Recruiter in BCG Attorney Search's Chicago office, where she places attorneys throughout the Midwest Region. Prior to joining BCG in 2012, Julie worked as the Placement Coordinator for Counsel On Call's Chicago office, as a Legal Search Consultant with River West Consultants in Chicago, and as a Career Counselor at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago. She has extensive experience placing both partner and associate level candidates, as well as in-house attorneys.
As an attorney with both large law firm and in-house experience, Julie has a broad understanding of the legal market. Her career planning expertise aids her in understanding the particularized needs of each individual attorney, and her deep knowledge of the legal landscape enables her to ensure the best fit for those she represents.
Julie's legal experience includes working as a Labor and Employment associate in Baker & McKenzie's Chicago office, as a litigation associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Goodwin Procter LLP, and as Assistant Counsel for the National Treasury Employees Union in Washington, DC. Julie served as a judicial law clerk for Judge Hilda G. Tagle of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and for Judge John M. Steadman of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
Julie earned her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, where she served as a Senior Editor on The Georgetown Law Journal. She earned her Bachelor of Arts from Washington University in Saint Louis, double majoring in French and Comparative Literature.
Speeches and Engagements
- Interviewer, Mock Interview Program, Northwestern University Law School, 11/12
- Panelist, Career Workshop, Roosevelt University 10/10
- Organizer, E-Discovery And Record Retention Policies, Counsel On Call 12/10
- Panelist, Career Day, Roosevelt University 07/10
- Organizer, An Overview of Corporate Bankruptcy, Mayer, Brown 4/10
- Moderator, Restructuring Law Practice for a Changing Economy, Counsel On Call 5/09
- Featured Speaker, Job Searching Resources, John Marshall Law School 10/08
- Presenter, Hot Topics in ERISA Litigation, Baker & McKenzie 8/07
- Is the Wrong Job Now Better than the Right Job Later?
- Open-Ended Interview Questions
- Treat Your Job Search As a Full-Time Job
- How To Ace a Phone Interview
- Real Estate and Transactional Attorneys In Demand In Chicago- An Interview with Legal Recruiter Julie Lehrman
- Choose Your References Wisely
- The Importance of Not Being Overly Earnest; Why Patience is A Virtue
- Acing Your Interview Starts With Assessing The Interviewer
Job Search Q&As
- Q: Shy 4th year associate needs help in overcoming interview fear
- Q: Third Year Associate Wants to Move to Another Firm
- Q: How to Choose a Recruiter that is Right for You
- Q: Should I try and get business for my firm or should I try to bill more hours?
- I moved across the country to an entirely new legal market, and Julie was able to find me a position at a top firm within three weeks. She was professional, responsive, and I do not believe I could have secured this position without her assistance. Julie is an invaluable resource, and I would recommend her to any professional looking to make a move.
C.R. (placed as Partner in AmLaw200 firm)
- Julie took care of every facet of my job search from beginning to end- the only thing she didn't do was go on the actual interview. She addressed all of my questions and concerns promptly and negotiated every detail for me. She took all of the stress out of the search process for me.
P.M. (placed as Staff Attorney at AmLaw 200 Firm)
- I truly appreciate all of your help and am so thankful that this opportunity arose. Obviously, I could not have gotten close to this without your knowledge and skill. I know you get paid for this, but I feel like I should send you a gift or something! Thanks so much.
K.B., Associate, placed at Am Law 10 firm
- THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! I cannot thank you enough. You have been a great help.
M.F., Associate, placed at boutique firm